Blog Archive

Thursday 22 September 2011

Bringing It All Back Home - New Purchase of Books - Mainly Malay Titles From 1950s & !960s

Major Purchase of Mainly Malay Titles From 1950s & 1960s
 
As I've mentioned on my blog elsewhere this month, I've been in the process of completing a major purchase of books from a bookseller in the United States. Most of the books form part of the collection of Professor Rufus Hendon, an academic linguist, who spent time in Indonesia and Malaysia in the 1950s and 1960s.

I thought customers would be interested in knowing what I bought. I was intending to list them all but was then sent pictures of the books, so decided to fling them onto the internet instead. They can be viewed if you follow this link.. The order's not yet complete. I'll make additions as soon as I know them. If you're interested in any of these books, do contact me. Some have been reserved already, but most are looking for a new home.

More to come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.