Blog Archive

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Back in Penang

I've just come back to Penang after a bit of a whirlwind visit to the UK. I did manage to fit in some book buying, in between seeing my children, grandchildren and sister while I was away. I have shipped back over a hundred new titles that will be appearing in my stock in about two months time as well as brining back about twenty more in my luggage thanks to an indulgent Singapore Airlines!

Although I've been back for less than 24 hours, I have started ordering again. So this is what should arrive within the next month - I have marked my expected selling prices in blue.

  • Oriental Silverwork: Malay and Chinese by H Ling Roth (Oxford in Asia Reprint) 1994. 302pp with 170 black and white plates. This hardback is in like new condition. There are more recent reprints of this 1900 work, but they're unlikely to be as good quality reproductions as the Oxford University Press edition. RM210
  • The Legacy of the Malay Letter by Annabel Teh Gallop, published by the British Library in 1994. This bilingual book displays 100 Malay letters from the oldest known Malay manuscript of 1521, through to the end of the 19th century. 240pp with illustrations. This book is also in like new condition. RM100
  • A Manual of the Malay Language with an Introductory Sketch of the Sanskrit element in Malay by William Edward Maxwell. This book is a paperback reprint of the 1907 original in fine condition - RM30
If you want to order any of these books before they arrive, please contact me on 012-972-6485 or penangbookshelf@gmail.com  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.